[Samba] Permissions required for Snapshots/Previous Versions

Nick Couchman nick.e.couchman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:07:09 UTC 2021

Hello, everyone,
I've run into another challenge with Samba rights/permissions. The
community responded so quickly to my last question that I'm hoping this one
is as simple :-).

I'm using ZFS with Samba, and have enabled the ZFS snapshot integration
using the shadow2 VFS module. I have automatic snapshots set up for ZFS,
and I'm able to see the "Previous Versions" tab in Windows and access the
snapshots. This works great with one exception - the only users that can
see them are users listed in the "admin users" section for the share or
users mapped to the local Administrators group.

My question is, is there any other way to make this Previous Versions
functionality available to either other groups of users or, potentially,
all users, without adding them to "admin users" or mapping them ot local
Administrators?

Thanks!
-Nick