[Samba] TLS problems after 4.12 -> 4.14 update

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Mon Jun 7 15:08:40 UTC 2021

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:

> Yes, there is something goingon on RH/Centos latest version.

Do you mean RHEL8 or RHEL7.x (7.9 being the last RHEL7 minor release)

> But im only into Debian and related. RH/Centos not really my cookie..

100% understood.

>> (similar to RHEL7). Perhaps there might be something related to the
>> version of gnutls + compat-gnutls in el7.9 which no longer
>> works on 4.13+.
> This yes..

I'll be trying on RHEL8.4 VMs, I guess..

> I can give you 1 solution, move to the Debian camp ;-)

As much as I have an immense respect for the Debian project, is inspired
by your (Louis) committement to the community and like our interactions
over source and patches, I have zero desire to switch to Debian: Any
knowledge gained there wouldn't be as useful to me in my field of
activity. (This is my -personal- situation, not a general message).

Kindest Regards,

Vincent