[Samba] Error : You dont have permission to save at this location.

Krish Kay tomnaugh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 18:23:46 UTC 2021

Rowland,

Thanks for responding.
We DO NOT run winbind daemon on RHEL7 at this time, since it is not running
on RHEL6

Below is the smb.conf that we are testing on ver 4.10.16-5 on RHEL7.4, the
contents in < > are redacted.

[global]
        workgroup = <WORKGROUP NAME>
        netbios name = <NETBIOS NAME>
        server string = Samba %v on (%L)
        security = ADS
        encrypt passwords = Yes

        passdb backend = tdbsam:<path to db>

        use sendfile = yes
        invalid users = @samba_restricted_users
        local master = no
        preferred master = no
        domain master = no
        realm = <DOMAIN>.COM
        template shell = /bin/bash
        msdfs root = yes
        log level = 3
        log file = <path to logfile>/samba.log.%m
        max log size = 4096
        name resolve order = wins host
        deadtime = 5
        keepalive = 900
        wins support = no
        wins server = <IP 1>, <IP 2>
        dns proxy = yes
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        allow trusted domains = yes
        client min protocol = SMB2
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind enum users = no
        winbind enum groups = no
        winbind nested groups = yes
        winbind separator = +
        winbind cache time = 6000
        idmap config * : range = 100-60000
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = yes
        client ldap sasl wrapping = sign
        client NTLMv2 auth = yes
        username map = <path to>/map.txt
        allow insecure wide links = yes
        follow symlinks = yes
        wide links = no

        dont descend = .snapshot
        hide files = /.snapshot/._*/
        veto files = /*.one/*Notebook.onetoc2/.parentlock/
        browseable = No
        guest ok = No
        blocking locks = no
        kernel share modes = no
        client signing = disabled
        vfs objects = full_audit

        full_audit:prefix = %D|%u|%g|%m|%I|%R|%p|%S
        full_audit:success = connect chdir opendir mkdir rmdir open read
write unlink
        full_audit:failure = connect chdir opendir mkdir rmdir open read
write unlink
        full_audit:facility = local6
        full_audit:priority = NOTICE

Thanks