[Samba] samba-tool issue

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 1 20:15:35 UTC 2021

On 01/06/2021 20:48, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:

> Am 31.05.21 um 17:17 schrieb Rommel Rodriguez Toirac via samba:
>> ERROR(<class 'ImportError'>): uncaught exception -
>> /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libcli-smb-common-samba4.so: version
>> `SAMBA_4.13.2' not found
>

> You said this ist version 4.14.3. Why does it look for SAMBA_4.13.2?
> Some leftover from previous install?
>
> Regards

He has hit a problem I mentioned in another thread, he upgraded Samba by
compiling a new Samba version over his original Samba. Something got
removed from Samba, but some of the old code from the earlier version
was left on disk and it is this that is looking for the earlier lib. If
you are going to compile Samba yourself, then always upgrade by creating
a new Samba PC.

Rowland