[Samba] I can't join my Linux client to my Samba DC.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 12:11:12 UTC 2021

Hello,
I changed "workgroup" to "MYDOMAIN" and I got below error:

# net ads join -U administrator
Enter administrator's password:
Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain MYDOMAIN - The object was not found.

Then, I changed "workgroup" to "MYDOMAIN.Z" and I got below error:

# net ads join -U administrator
Enter administrator's password:
Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain MYDOMAIN.Z - {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Why?