[Samba] WORKGROUP/Samba cannot be viewed in list in Other Locations

Dr. Makoto Sakurai makotosakurai18yokohama at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:37:47 UTC 2021

Sorry, I extracted the tail of smb.conf (additional part). Should I copy
and paste the whole file' text?

(N/B my Windows 10 is Windows 10 Home and does not have the AD connection.)

$ testparm
Loaded services file OK.
Weak crypto is allowed
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
client min protocol = NT1
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
logging = file
map to guest = Bad User
max log size = 1024
netbios name = SAMBA-PRINTER
obey pam restrictions = Yes
pam password change = Yes
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*
%n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
server min protocol = SMB3
server role = standalone server
server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
unix password sync = Yes
usershare allow guests = Yes
idmap config * : backend = tdb

[printers]