[Samba] setting acl for shared folders

Damian Knaś dami.guga30 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 06:57:57 UTC 2021

Okay so I will explain my problem.
I made samba server for my school.
There are about 12 main folders.
I set the permissions with AcL’s and I’m running a script which
removes acls and grants them every time (because sometimes someone
needs temporary permissions).
I don’t use groups, names only, because some people needs rwx other
r-x.
Some people needs access to more that one folder, so default group
makes it difficult. The problem is that I don’t know how set
inheritance for all acls, not only default group.
Now if someone makes a new folder or file,default mask is used (for
now I did 777 because script takes 15 minutes to set all acls).

Do you have any idea ?

im running centos 7