[Samba] Print Server - Cannot add some drivers

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jul 22 07:33:41 UTC 2021

Mandi! Luke Barone via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I am trying to add Konica Minolta signed x64 drivers to a new print server
> running Samba 4.13.5 on Debian. I can add Lexmark drivers without a problem.

I'm not using the latest samba release, so if you can upgrade, plese do
so and provide feedback.

Same trouble here (same MFP, but i prefere PCL drivers); but this also
apply to other vendor (e.g., Brother printers load the driver but
enable the 'admin locked' feature and you cannot print more then one
page).

Seems that this driver are simply broken; i've resort of installing
drivers via other means (WPKG, for me).

Also, with latest Microsoft bugs, Point'n'Print is practically
disabled, so fix it could be totally useless...