[Samba] Ubuntu upgrade, now unable to access shares or join domain

Robert Steinmetz rob at steinmetznet.com
Wed Jul 21 23:43:09 UTC 2021

I just did a do-release-upgrade on my Samba DC from 18.04 to 20.04 the
upgrade went well however now I cannot access my domain from my windows
machines.
smbd and nmbd are running on the DC. smbd version 4.11.6-Ubuntu

Initially I was getting an error that my Domain was not available. I
can't access any of the shares.

I removed one computer from the Domain to try to rejoin it. I was able
to remove it but when I try to rejoin from Windows I get an error "The
request is not supported."

I can apparently log in to the domain users on other machines, but not
access the shares.

--

Robert Steinmetz, AIA

Principal