[Samba] Which restore method suites my case ?

Charles-Henri FALCONNET charles-henri.falconnet at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Jul 21 15:26:00 UTC 2021

Hi list,

Is there a way to restore a DC on a fresh Debian Buster install using
one of the methods described in the wiki ?

My case is simple, one domain, one DC, self-signed certificate, no GPOs,
samba_internal dns backend, ad idmap backend + rfc2307 attributes and
this a DC only, no file server.

I've always use the recommanded way from the wiki pages. All seems healthy.

I actually use Debian Stretch + Samba 4.10 from Louis's repo.

My goal is to migrate to last security updates on a fresh Debian Buster
+ samba 4.12.

Thanks,

Charles-Henri