[Samba] Upgrade Samba 4.12.6 to latest stable version.

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:15:57 UTC 2021

hello,

I have been using Louis' repo for a long time and have never had any
problems.

A good practice you can do is:

- configure a new machine
- join this new machine to the existing AD
- test everything
- transfer the FSMO roles to the new machine

After that you can update the old ones and if any errors occur you have the
new machine intact.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 10:58 AM Daniel Lopes de Carvalho via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two (Debian Buster 10.5) Samba4 (4.12.6) working as my domain
> controllers and I am wondering to upgrade them to the latest stable Debian
> and Samba 4.
>
> I have being using Van Belle's repo (http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian
> buster-samba412 <http://apt.van-belle.nl/debianbuster-samba412>). I have
> read the notes about upgrades, read the
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Features_added/changed_(by_release)
> and everything seems to be in order.
>
> I would like to know if there is any tips or advice or can I just point to
> Van Belle's repo (deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba414)  and
> execute the apt update and apt upgrade command.
>
> My smb.conf is very basic with the default parameters.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> --
> Daniel Lopes de Carvalho
> daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br