[Samba] howto optimize samba/kerberos for 20k requests per minute - help needed

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 20 08:11:45 UTC 2021

Well, my personal view on UCS5 is ..

IF you setup a new environment and you use only UCS, that its a nice thing to use.
But if you know how to setup it manual, your servers perform way faster en USC there setup.

At least, UCS5 is debian10

Now for the Topic poster.
Im assuming it webapp that borking his performance, tuning apache/nigx will also help,
But maybe this is something to offload ldap queries.
https://github.com/Kopano-dev/ucs-oidc-webapp
Switch to SSO and OIDC for authentication
! Note, i have NOT tested this.

Also, if your brave and now married with USC, then i suggest,
Use my script https://github.com/thctlo/Kopano  and setup local repo for kopano.
Get it, Run it and Setup manually.  It removes the need to use dpkg -i *.deb, that installs to much..
Just, keep in mind these are development packages, so if everything is running perfectly,
Dont upgrade, and if you do, do it in test environment.

Also, if your running kopano 4.3 in samba 4, have you have had a very good look at you logs.
And how kopano (in UCS 4.3) is linked to AD, its simpley a bad setup.

If you want to fast test, use the kopano docker packages from Zokradonh.
https://github.com/zokradonh/kopano-docker

I hope i gave you some ideas..

I dropped UCS (again), i (again) gave it a try but, you get to much overload stuff in my opinion.
Its a nice product, just, not for me.

And for adjustint the samba4 indexing, totaly forgot to mention that. Its something you can try.
ldbedit -v -P -s base -b @INDEXLIST -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb

Greetz,

Louis