[Samba] howto optimize samba/kerberos for 20k requests per minute - help needed

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Mon Jul 19 14:00:02 UTC 2021

> The other point worth mentioning is that, whether Openldap likes it or
> not, Openldap is on the way out. It is no longer available from RHEL 8
> by default, you have to get it from EPEL, red-hat seemingly wants you
> to use freeipThat is totally wrong. Only while RedHat don't know how to handle
OpenLDAP it's not dead. With OpenLDAP they manged up to 980k requests
per second (openLDAP 2.5) So I think Samba will never make this. And
comparing DS389 with OpenLDAP is like comparing a VW Beatle with a
Porsche. The reason Redhat is not supporting OpenLDAP any more you will
find here:

https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/preparing-identity-management-red-hat-enterprise-linux-8

Quote:
-----------
The knowledge and expertise, and thus ability to support OpenLDAP server
to the same level of confidence as our other offerings was limited.
------------

And Redhat tells you that only a DS you are paying for is good:
Quote:
------------
First of all, the LDAP server is the core of the identity system. It
requires enterprise level support.

But who needs a LDAP-Server that  relay on Java with a Oracle license??

And so many things not working with DS389 you can do with OpenLDAP.

--
Stefan Kania
Landweg 13

Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren und schützt Ihre
Privatsphäre. Ein kostenfreies Zertifikat erhalten Sie unter
https://www.dgn.de/dgncert/index.html