[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 19 07:24:28 UTC 2021

What Rowland Said +

On "Server"
Theres still sss defined in nsswitch.conf
netgroup:   sss files
automount:  sss files
services:   sss files
Remove all sss entries.

I do think there is still something wrong because.
In smb.conf i see.
interfaces = lo enp0s17

enp0s17:   inet 192.168.56.7/24

/etc/hosts
192.168.56.7 mydc.mydomain.z mydc
10.0.3.15  mydc.mydomain.z	<< this one isnt doing anyting execpt causing problem.

Remove it.

Your member its hosts, should look like :
/etc/hosts
192.168.56.9 node3.mydomain.z node3

/etc/resolv.conf
search mydomain.z
nameserver 192.168.56.7

There is also still : 10.0.3.15  same as on the Server.
In order to change.
1) you network config ( ip/internface )
2) /etc/hosts
3) /etc/resolvconf

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-change-hostname-in-fedora-linux-permanently/

Reboot,

Verify the hostname with
hostname -I	All ipadresses
hostname -A All hostnames and alias names.

And hostname -f = FQDN (hostname -s  + hostname -d )
hostname -d = dns domain (search line in resolve.conf)

On both servers winbind must be installed and SSSd removed.

Did you sync time of the member with the AD-DC? If not,
Verify on the member at least and set it to the AD-DC.
Edit /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf
Systemctl daemon-reload

Then thats all done and looking ok.

Kinit Administrator  does that work now?

Now, last question, whats the idea with the 2 nic's AD-DC, thats not an easy setup.

Greetz,

Louis