[Samba] CIFS share disconnects on Linux client, but is still accessible via SMBCLIENT

Gene Poole landrlatz at free.fr
Sun Jul 18 17:23:25 UTC 2021

Well I've removed everything you suggested I remove, except for "debug
timestamp" since I seem to need that, and I'm still getting the same
results: the share mounts at boot, disappears after maybe 20 minutes,
but can still be accessed with smbclient. If I unmount and try to
remount I get "no such file or directory."

I've disabled SMBv1 in Windows. Re your mount suggestion, I have no dns
set up on the Windiws box. My dns is my modem-router. According to
Windows my FQDN ("Full Computer Name") is just "ETHIQUABLE".

Looking at the samba log, I see something that seems odd -
"Authentication for user [alarm] -> [alarm] FAILED with error
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER, authoritative=1"

I've created a user called "alarm" (the base user on my Linux box) on
the Windows machine and assigned him the same _samba password_ I've
assigned on the Linux box - which is NOT the same as "alarm"'s Linux
password (which is how I understood things were supposed to be set up).

I can send part of the samba log if you want. Thanks very much for your
help so far.