[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 18 15:11:09 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-07-18 at 14:49 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you.
> I removed "sssd" from my Linux client:
> # yum remove sssd
>
> Then, changed "/etc/krb5.conf" as below:
>
> [libdefaults]
>     default_realm = MYDOMAIN.Z
>     dns_lookup_realm = false
>     dns_lookup_kdc = true
>
> Should I install winbind and winbind-clients on the client?

Yes you should install winbind and winbind-clients, before Samba 4.8.0,
smbd could contact AD directly, but from 4.8.0 it must go via winbind
and as sssd has its own version of the winbind libs, you cannot use
both of them together.

> I executed the script on the server and client and results are:
>
> On server:
> https://0bin.net/paste/i6JpJ9fp#j3yydvkUw9tXWO2P2oXIuBZVg-7c8ytk0KPMkBind5U

There doesn't seem to be anything really wrong on the server.

> On client:
> https://0bin.net/paste/ewb5i6Va#FEoBJ7QHCyxUTJOFHNo4tELG6sDAzVwJMZUzFNjtEwa

The dns on the client is totally borked.

Hostname: node3
DNS Domain: localhost.localdomain
FQDN: node3.localhost.localdomain
ipaddress: 192.168.56.9 10.0.3.15

You need to get the dns domain to be the same as the DC and you only
need one IP, preferably '192.168.56.9'

I do not use Fedora, so I cannot advise how to sort your DNS.

Rowland