[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 18 08:41:54 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-07-18 at 08:15 +0000, Jason Long via samba wrote:

> I installed Samba from its manual and in Samba manual, the "sss"
> existed. Why "sss" doesn't need?

If sssd is installed, remove it, you cannot use sssd with Samba.

> And I changed the content of "/etc/krb5.conf" to:
>

> On the Linux client:
> I added below lines to the "/etc/hosts" file:
>
> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
> localhost4.localdomain4
> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
> localhost6.localdomain6
> 192.168.56.7 mydc.mydomain.z mydc
> 10.0.3.15  mydc.mydomain.z

You cannot multihome a DC, choose an ipaddress and use just that one.

> The content of the "/etc/krb5.conf" file is:
>
> includedir /etc/krb5.conf.d/
> [libdefaults]
>     default_realm = MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TO TELL YOU, 'MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z' IS NOT YOUR
REALM!!!

Your realm is 'MYDOMAIN.Z'

>     dns_lookup_realm = false
>     dns_lookup_kdc = true

You can remove the rest of /etc/krb5.conf , you do not need it.

> I rebooted my client and I can't login to my Linux client with my
> Samba DC usernames.

Have you installed winbind and winbind-clients ?

Rowland