[Samba] Problem with Samba as Member to AD

Mr Typo euroregistrar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 08:29:47 UTC 2021

Hello Rowland,

thank you for your first input. I did alot of testing, and yeah the
global section was not really clean :( Thank you!
i am using Centos8 and i was running nscd (system auth pure ldap
against the domain controller).

When i was shutting down nscd the authentication with samba/winbind was working.

When i search the internet i find messages that tells me that nscd +
winbind is NOT working, but other say that it is working. Can you
advise me here?

If you want to ask why i should want to run nscd/ldap + winbind. Well
i dont want to start winbind/samba on every linux machine just for
authentication. before trying nscd with winbind i tried sssd + winbind
-> complete messup.

any advice here?

best regards