[Samba] CIFS share disconnects on Linux client, but is still accessible via SMBCLIENT

Gene Poole landrlatz at free.fr
Sat Jul 17 15:58:38 UTC 2021

Hello and thanks for answering. Here's the current mount line from fstab:

//192.168.x.xx/Work /mnt/Work cifs
noperm,_netdev,credentials=/home/alarm/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,gid=1000,uid=1000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0
0 0

and here's smb.conf:

------------------------------------

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
client max protocol = SMB3
netbios name = NAS
server string = Our new, smaller, lighter, kinder, gentler NAS

local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 255

password server = None
guest ok = yes
guest account = nobody
security = user
map to guest = Bad Password
large readwrite = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no

logfile = /var/log/samba/newsambalog.log
log level = 3 auth:5 winbind:5 smb:5
debug timestamp = yes
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes

  ----------(I've left off the configurations for the shares on the
Linux box)------------

Note that the Windows host currently has both SMB1 and SMB2 enabled.
I've already tried using the server name instead of the path in the
mount line.

Let me know if you want to see anything from the samba log as well.