[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 16 07:37:13 UTC 2021

Hai Jason,

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.
Server :
2 ipadresses : 10.0.3.15 192.168.56.7   ( assuming 56.7 is you default. )
But did you set your routing correctly for it? we might also need an output off : ip route

SSSD is installed, remove it and then fix nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files winbind sss systemd
group:      files winbind sss systemd
Remove sss there.

Change
hosts:      files resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] myhostname dns
hosts:      files dns resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] myhostname

/etc/krb5.conf
Now, depending on IP use. OR remove this part.
[realms]
MYDOMAIN.Z = {
	default_domain = mydomain.z
}

[domain_realm]
	mydc = MYDOMAIN.Z

All you need is :
[libdefaults]
	default_realm = MYDOMAIN.Z
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

Your "SERVER" also has IP: 10.0.3.15
Add it in /etc/hosts also.
The order if important..

27.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.56.7 mydc.mydomain.z mydc
10.0.3.15  mydc.mydomain.z  # or leave it out, i dont why you use it in your setup.
And you noticed i removed the "mydc" in the 10.0.3.15 line.

All done, reboot server.

Client is more easy..

FQDN: node3.localhost.localdomain
ipaddress: 192.168.56.9 10.0.3.15

unable to verify DNS kerberos._tcp SRV records

Meaning, the resolving setup is broken in you client.

Hostname FQDN is incorrect.
10.0.3.15   ?? Why thats the same ip as on the SERVER.

So in order, fix on the client :
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/krb5.conf

Reboot.

Verify client settings again, re-run the script, i know its not fully compliant with your os but it shows sufficient at the moment.

Greetz,

Louis