[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 10:41:32 UTC 2021

Thank you.

As you see:
# samba-tool domain info 192.168.56.7
Forest           : mydomain.z
Domain           : mydomain.z
Netbios domain   : MYDOMAIN
DC name          : mydc.mydomain.z
DC netbios name  : MYDC
Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name

If my configuration is wrong, then how can I fix it?

On Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:29:30 PM GMT+4:30, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

On Mon, 2021-07-12 at 18:44 +0000, Jason Long via samba wrote:
> Hello,
> I had a thread with the name "I can't join my Linux client to my
> Samba DC." and I joined my Linux client to my Samba DC, but I can't
> login into my Linux client with my Samba DC users.
> I have a Samba DC as below:
>

> # samba-tool domain info 192.168.56.7
> Forest          : mydomain.z
> Domain          : mydomain.z
> Netbios domain  : MYDOMAIN
> DC name          : mydc.mydomain.z
> DC netbios name  : MYDC
> Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
> Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name
>

> And I want to join my Linux client to my Samba DC. The content of
> "smb.conf" file on my Linux client is:
>

> [global]
>    workgroup = MYDC
>    security = ADS
>    realm = MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z

Your realm isn't 'MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z' , from what you have posted, your
realm should be 'MYDOMAIN.Z'

Also, I doubt that your workgroup name is 'MYDC' as this appears to be
your DCs short hostname. If your workgroup (aka NetBios domain name) is
the same as your DC's short hostname, then I suggest you fix this

Rowland