[Samba] I can't login into my Linux client with Samba DC users.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 18:44:12 UTC 2021

Hello,
I had a thread with the name "I can't join my Linux client to my Samba DC." and I joined my Linux client to my Samba DC, but I can't login into my Linux client with my Samba DC users.
I have a Samba DC as below:

# samba-tool domain info 192.168.56.7
Forest           : mydomain.z
Domain           : mydomain.z
Netbios domain   : MYDOMAIN
DC name          : mydc.mydomain.z
DC netbios name  : MYDC
Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name

And I want to join my Linux client to my Samba DC. The content of "smb.conf" file on my Linux client is:

[global]
   workgroup = MYDC
   security = ADS
   realm = MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z

   winbind refresh tickets = Yes
   vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = Yes
   store dos attributes = Yes

   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
   winbind use default domain = yes

   idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
   idmap config MYDC : backend = rid
   idmap config MYDC : range = 10000-999999

# Template settings for login shell and home directory
   template shell = /bin/bash
   template homedir = /home/%U

# samba-tool user list
krbtgt
Guest
user2
user3
user4
peter
Administrator
user1
user5

And Samba tells me that my Linux client joined to the network:

# samba-tool computer list
MYDC$
CLIENT$

But when I want to login to my Linux client with above usernames, then it showed me "Login incorrect". I used "user5", "user5 at mydomain.z" and "mydomain\user5" forms.

I did:
# getent passwd user5
MYDOMAIN\user5:*:3000022:100::/home/user5:/bin/bash

I executed "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh" script on both server and client and the result is:

On Server:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/wvYTWmPr4S/

On Linux Client:

# cat /tmp/samba-debug-info.txt
Collected config  --- 2021-07-12-22:53 -----------

Hostname: CLIENT
DNS Domain: localhost.localdomain
FQDN: CLIENT.localhost.localdomain
ipaddress: 192.168.56.9 10.0.3.15

WARNING: kinit Administrator will fail and this needs to be fixed first.
unable to verify DNS kerberos._tcp SRV records

;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 192.168.56.7, trying next server

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.