[Samba] W10 and W11 can't see my share

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sun Jul 4 12:15:50 UTC 2021

>>> Yuck to SMBv1. Rowland pointed me to WSDD a while ago and it is great.
>>> We now use in in my Distro by default. For me, it is available in the
>>> EPEL repos already compiled so your distro may also have it available.
>>
>> It is really annoying that this forum does not send eMail
>> notifications of updates!
>>
>> Anyway, I install WSDD with dnf and stopped and restarted
>> Samba.  No symptom change.
>>
>> :'(
>>
>> Does wsdd need to be started with systemclt on its own?
>>
>> -T

> My version of wsdd from EPEL7 has to be started with systemctl.

That did the trick!  Thank you!

-T

# systemctl enable wsdd
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/wsdd.service
→ /usr/lib/systemd/system/wsdd.service.

# systemctl start wsdd

# RestartSamba.pl
Samba CIFS File Server has been restarted.
Samba Services Status as of 07/04/2021 05:12:29:
   UNIT               | LOAD     | ACTIVE   | SUB      | DESCRIPTION
   nmb.service        | loaded   | active   | running  | Samba NMB Daemon
   smb.service        | loaded   | active   | running  | Samba SMB Daemon