[Samba] multiuser with simple user mapping

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 2 09:09:29 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-07-02 at 10:45 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> All what Aurélien said.. +
>
> Now which DSM are you running 6.x or 7.0?
> Because when its 7.0
> > > NT4 domains are no longer supported. Current NT4 domains will be
> > > unavailable after the update.
> And
> > > DSM 7.0 by default disables NTLMv1 and enables NTMLv2 only, so
> > > SMB clients
> > > (e.g., Windows XP devices, media players, network printers, smart
> > > TVs, and IP cameras) won?t be
> > > able to access your Synology NAS. To restore the connection after
> > > the update,
> > > go to Control Panel > File Services > SMB > Advanced Settings
>
> https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/feature/active_directory
> Set it up join the domain and and your set.
>
> Stop fiddeling around and avoid the configs that will break you setup
> in near future.

Hi Louis, the problem is that the OP has intimated that he doesn't have
an Active Directory domain, if he had said that there was a DC, I would
have pointed him in that direction days ago. He even tried to say there
were only two machines in use, now he has admitted there will be
clients, number unspecified. We know little about his network and this
hasn't helped.

Rowland