[Samba] vfs_ChDir failed: Permission denied

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 31 13:36:57 UTC 2021

On 31/01/2021 13:18, Marco Shmerykowsky via samba wrote:
> After working on DNS issues, I thought I had everything working.
>
> When I log into the domain on windows, the drive maps are
> applied by group policy, but the server that contains all
> the shares denies access to everything with a number of
> errors in the following format:
>
>  vfs_ChDir(/path/to/server/share) failed: Permission denied
>
> Thoughts?

I think you haven't given us enough information to work with 😂

Where is the error message coming from ?

Is there anything surrounding it (paths etc)

If it is on a Unix domain member, what is in smb.conf.

If it is a Unix domain member, what permissions are set on the share
(including those shown by getfacl) ?

Rowland