[Samba] GPO Issue after adding second DC -> winning gpo Result: Failure (Error Code: 0x80070035)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 29 07:58:28 UTC 2021

Run this one on the DC with FSMO roles.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh

By default it does not apply the rights yet!

So i would do the following in this case.

1) run the script on both servers and compair it.  (dc1)
2) samba-tool sysvol reset on dc with FSMO. (dc1)
3) rerun the script and apply the right.  (dc1)
4) stop samba on the first DC, get the IDMAP.LDB and copy it to DC2
5) start samba DC1.
6) stop samba on DC2, now copy idmap.ldb to the correct location.
7) start samba on DC2
8) sync sysvol DC1 to DC2
9) run : dig ns $(hostname -d)
   And verify if BOTH the DC's there NS records are there.

Reboot DC1, wait for it to be up again.
Reboot DC2, wait for it to be up again.

Run the script again ( on both server ) and verify it.

last, now goto GPO Editor, and klik a few policies.
if one needs correction, it will complain about incorrect rights, klik on the message. And its done.

Still not working.
run getfacl on both servers and compair that.

Still not working..
run this one on both servers and post the output so we can compair both servers.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Greetz,

Louis