[Samba] Dynamic Updates to Bind DLZ through DHCP have repeated errors in syslog

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:20:25 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 9:44 AM Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 28/01/2021 14:39, ralph strebbing wrote:
> > Alright. I'll see what I can do regarding the actual DNS Update
> > functionality.
> >
> > What of the failure message stemming from the lack of result code?
> > When I tried tracking down what could be causing it, I was under the
> > impression it wasn't able to make the ReverseDNS calls. Any
> > suggestions to that point?
>
> I have no idea, I have never seen them before, I do not get them,
> perhaps it is an artefact of your (in my opinion) misuse of the script.

That message has been happening since I first implemented the script
from the wiki to have that base functionality, it has been consistent
through my recent testing regarding the IP changes, so if it does stem
from something I'm doing, it's likely something other than the
intended use of the script. But you know it better than anyone I'd
presume, care to theorize on what could case Result3 and Result4 to
show up as an empty string? Because that seems to be what's happening.

-Ralph