[Samba] Samba doesn't honor the setting "dedicated keytab file"

Andrea Cucciarre' acucciarre at cloudian.com
Thu Jan 28 11:48:10 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am running Samba on Ubuntu as a DC member:

Version 4.11.6-Ubuntu

I have also installed the packages as recommended here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Distribution-specific_Package_Installation

I want the keytab file to be stored on a specific path so I have used
the setting:

dedicated keytab file = /hyperfile/winbindd/1/keytabs/krb5.keytab

However when join the domain the krb5.keytab is created in
/etc/krb5.keytab, not the path I have request.
Below my smb.conf global section:

[global]
security = ads
realm = HF4.LOCAL
workgroup = HF4
netbios name = hf-andrea-1-788
log file = /hyperfile/gluster-cache/logs/winbindd/1/log.%I
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config HF4 : backend = rid
idmap config HF4 : range = 10000-999999
log level = 5
max log size = 10000
winbind refresh tickets = Yes
winbind offline logon = true
vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes
store dos attributes = Yes
dedicated keytab file = /hyperfile/winbindd/1/keytabs/krb5.keytab
kerberos method = secrets and keytab
client signing = yes
client use spnego = yes
template shell = /bin/bash