[Samba] Dynamic Updates to Bind DLZ through DHCP have repeated errors in syslog

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jan 28 09:59:54 UTC 2021

On 27/01/2021 20:43, ralph strebbing via samba wrote:
> So I'm upgrading our current NT4 domain to Samba AD with Bind9 DNS. Our
> current DHCP/DNS setup is on one server, separate from the Domain server.
> With Samba AD, we'll be using Samba's tools to manage the DNS, thus
> allowing use of things like the Windows Server Admin Tool suite (DNS, AD
> Users & Groups, etc.). So Bind9, isc-dhcp-server, and Samba is all going to
> be on the same machine for the new setup.

OK, you have identified a problem with the script 😅

However, this error has nothing to do with the script:

ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9711,
'WERR_DNS_ERROR_RECORD_ALREADY_EXISTS')

This is being caused by a bug in the 'samba-tool dns' code and was fixed
in early 2020, so you need to upgrade Samba to 4.13.x

I will have a look at the dhcp update script and get back to you.

You also shouldn't need the 'rndc.key'

Rowland