[Samba] confirm deletion - possible?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Jan 27 17:46:43 UTC 2021

Am 26.01.21 um 18:32 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 26/01/2021 17:21, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
>>
>> I understand that but also think that it should be possible anyway to
>> solve the given problem.
>

> Yes, it should be, you could use POSIX ACLS (setacl, getacl).

hmm, I will see

Busy with other issues today, I just wonder(ed) how to apply that
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege without a domain.

I assume and read that this isn't possible and needed for Posix ACLs anyway?

Does that also mean that users can't edit these ACLs via Windows Explorer?

>> Think "unsafe environment" here.
>>
>> The server(s) should not be accessible by the IT of the "mother
>> company", only to a small department of people in that company.
>>
>> The small department doesn't trust the IT of the mother company.
>>
> ROFL
>
> That is terrible, they must have done something despicable.
>
> Office politics, never understood them.

Can't go into details here (tried some vague description, doesn't really
work ;-)).

thanks