[Samba] confirm deletion - possible?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jan 26 17:21:40 UTC 2021

Am 26.01.21 um 18:01 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 26/01/2021 16:43, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
>> But it isn't a Domain Member or DC ... that's why I assumed ...
>>
>> And I also forced group users (for years now ... I think that server
>> started in the days of samba-3.x).
>
> Sorry, this thread has been going on so long, I forgot that 😅

I see ;-)

> This is one of the failings of a standalone server in a Windows domain,
> the users on the standalone server are not domain users, even if they
> have the same names. There is no way I personally would use a standalone
> server (which is akin to using a Windows Home edition) in a domain.

I understand that but also think that it should be possible anyway to
solve the given problem.

>>> If Windows is involved, I would remove a lot of lines from the share
>>> and then set the permissions from Windows.
>>
>> I see and agree.
>>
>> So it seems like: switch over to Windows ACLs first, then apply new
>> permissions, test vfs_recycle after that.
>
> I would add 'join the domain' in amongst all that 😁

No. Not wanted here.

Think "unsafe environment" here.

The server(s) should not be accessible by the IT of the "mother
company", only to a small department of people in that company.

The small department doesn't trust the IT of the mother company.