[Samba] How do I build 4.13 with custom libs?

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:35:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've done a couple hours of Google trawling to try to find the answer
to this simple question, to no avail.

How do I build Samba 4.13 with libraries in a custom location?  I'm
building on CentOS 7.  I had to build a number of system libraries
from scratch (in a custom location) because C7's libraries were too
old for Samba 4.13.  I'm to the point where I'm actually building
Samba, but I can't figure out how to get Samba build process to look
at my custom location instead of the system location for libraries!
Usually it's --with-lib-path=/custom/path/lib
--with-include-path=/custom/path/include ... but Samba's waf/configure
script won't accept that.

Thanks!
-JK