[Samba] winbind offline logon

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 22 11:01:16 UTC 2021

I would start with..
> why wbinfo -K continue to save the cache in /tmp?

krb5.conf  and KRB5CCNAME is where you need to look into.

also /tmp is a ramdisk in most systems these days.
Check if /tmp is running on tmpfs
I dont have system acces when typing this but, this might help.
systemctl status tmpfs

What we did simular here for a 28GB database..
It's running fully on ramdisk, but on reboot we trigger script that copies the data to real disk. on boot we copy the data back to ramdisk.

Reading this might help to get what you need,
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/tmpfiles.d.html#D

greetz,

Louis