[Samba] Q: Upgrading samba from 4.9 to 4.13

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 21 14:49:10 UTC 2021

Yes, correct, but it not terrifying..

my DC's originated from 4.1.x 2016.. wheezy..
Now, buster 4.13 upgraded all the way.. very thing is fixable.

And yes its that part ..
apt-get install acl attr samba samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules
> winbind libpam-winbind libnss-winbind libpam-krb5 krb5-config krb5-user

but, what i would do, i look what is removed, i copy that and install it
 back if needed.

But last time this happend was at the 4.10.x early version, so you can avoid
it by setting buster-samba411 when you upgrade.