[Samba] winbind offline logon

Dale samba at txschroeder.family
Wed Jan 20 17:33:14 UTC 2021

Louis,

Could you provide a hint?  I found the following on MIT's website =>

"The default credential cache name is determined by the following, in
descending order of priority:

 1. The *KRB5CCNAME* environment variable. For example,
    KRB5CCNAME=DIR:/mydir/.
 2. The *default_ccache_name* profile variable in /[libdefaults]/
    <https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.12/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html#libdefaults>.
 3. The hardcoded default, /DEFCCNAME/
    <https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.12/doc/mitK5defaults.html#paths>."

#2 is not working for me and I have no idea where to look for #1, if it
even exists.   For #2, I used

default_ccache_name = File:/path/to/cache_dir/krb5cc_%{uid} as shown by MIT.

My, only guess for #1, /etc/environment and /etc/environment.d have
nothing related to kerberos in them.

I also tried enabling in pam_winbind.conf the krb5_auth and
krb5_ccache_type variables.  That also did not work.

Thanks,

Dale

On 1/20/21 3:57 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Try changing the location of the kerberos cached files..
>
> This: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_21046
>
> /tmp is emptied after a reboot, to yeah, logical you cant login..
>
> And beware, some also have /var/tmp linked to /tmp.
> So, create a custom folder point it to that.
> login, reboot retry.
>
> ;-)
> Good luck..
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

>>> wbcLogonUser(DOMINIOCSA\psala): error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER