[Samba] Q: Upgrading samba from 4.9 to 4.13

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 20 15:05:35 UTC 2021

yes, only there is one difference..
apt-get full-upgrade.. might not remove libldb somewhere, it happend,
i cant recall exact on which version,but when that happens. Samba will fail and upgrade process stops..

apt-get install -f fixes that.

If you upgrading debian and samba in one go.
First upgrade samba to the highest version you want in that distro version.
then upgrade Debian itself. Repeat, upgrade samba upto where you want it, upgrade debian.

Thats how i upgrade.

Greetz,

Louis