[Samba] confirm deletion - possible?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jan 19 10:25:49 UTC 2021

Am 19.01.21 um 10:19 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> Is it possible and configurable to ask something "are you sure? y/n" if
> a user wants to delete a file/folder on a samba share?
>
> Is that possible by using Windows ACLs or ... ?
>
> In xmas holidays and covid lockdown I have users accessing via VPN and
> tablet ... they wipe around and accidentally move folders to unknown
> places etc ;-)
>
> So I have to come up with some combination of ACLs etc

checking

again ... yes, I use ACLs at some sites already.

I assume I have to follow the same steps for a Samba standalone server
as for a DM server?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs#Enable_Extended_ACL_Support_on_a_Unix_domain_member

The server is a "air gapped" (not really, but in terms of ADS) machine
in a very small subnet, it has no connection to any AD (security and
privacy issues).