[Samba] samba running in a win10 subsystem for linux? (was Re: RSAT for Win7)

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Sat Jan 16 11:49:17 UTC 2021

On 2021/01/13 00:24, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
>>     And how long does your Windows 10 stay up and not blue screen?
>>

> for now, 6 years without reinstall and counting.

Console owners never have to reinstall either, but I don't
know of any that can run samba.  Sure, you limit what you can do
enough and you never have to reinstall.

Though speaking of win10, does samba run in the linux
subsystem?

If so, can you run a samba-DC in the linux subsystem?

Always sorta wondered if one could do that on cygwin, but
with Win10's subsystem for linux, I'm, sure, at least,
the performance would be better.