[Samba] smbclient help

jmpatagonia jmpatagonia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:15:04 UTC 2021

Excellent Rowland, this work, with this from the client we can make a
script to guest ldap (via memberof property) and do gvfs-mount.

Is it possible to pass to ldapsearch the kerberos ticket (or user id/pass)
to guest the ldap samba built-in ?

ldapsearch -D "cn=userid,cn=Users,dc=midominio,dc=prueba,dc=ar" -w "P at ssword"
-h 192.168.0.165 -p 389 -b "cn=$1,cn=Users,dc=midominio,dc=prueba,dc=ar" -s
sub "memberof=*" memberof | grep "memberOf" | sed -e "s/^memberOf: CN=//"
-e "s/,CN=Users,DC=midominio,DC=prueba,DC=ar//"

So we can guest the ldap without a prefix user, need to extract the user
property "memberof" from ldap samba built-in, authenticating via ldap
search with the kerberos data or similar.

Regards.