[Samba] smbclient help

jmpatagonia jmpatagonia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 07:51:58 UTC 2021

Hello Rowland thanks for the answers.

It is a very more complex implementation, we have a samba DC 4 AD, and
logon users on domain (kerberos ticket to).

We try to use pam_mount.conf.xml but it is a problem, this file is not
dynamic, if a share change/delete/or add new shares pam_mount does not
contemplate this.

Our users do not have access to this file to edit, and also they do not
know how to edit this file, and also do not shell commands.

So we need to update this file on the client on every logon on the domain
to be updated, with a copy from the file server.

Another solution that was implemented, on logon time, a script that uses
ldapsearch+memberOf property, find the users groups and finally mount
shares with gvfs-mount, but the same problem is not dynamic, need to be
updated.

So we need help to update a file (pam_mount.xml or a shell script) on the
client from the file server, on logon time but accessing the file server
without interacting with users.We think may be is a solution in a command
line way, or smbclient command.

regards.