[Samba] RSAT for Win7

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Wed Jan 13 07:27:27 UTC 2021

On 2021/01/11 08:27, Peter Milesson via samba wrote:
> I know lots of people love Windows 7 (I'm one of them), but for the sake
> of security, I would be very reluctant to let Windows 7 into my internet
> exposed networks. Remember, there are no security updates rolled out
> anymore. And more and more applications don't work under Windows 7.

---
    Security updates are rolled out with the extended security support
program...

    Broken apps and lemmings...hmmm

    And how long does your Windows 10 stay up and not blue screen?

    FWIW:

> uname -a ; uptime
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 ...
 23:20:37 up 19 days...

> But the choice is yours.

----
    Given the number of problems in Win10, yes it is.

    So how's that Aero desktop w/transparency working on Win 10 these
days?  Last I heard they still couldn't get it to work in Win10, and
uptime...?  How often does it reboot these days?  Yeah, the choice is
yours.  MS still pushing for apps to not support win7 -- if they
left it like they left WinXP, it'd work for years.