[Samba] RSAT for Win7

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Mon Jan 11 16:27:57 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-11 16:54, Dale via samba wrote:
> Does anyone have an alternate download location for Windows 7 RSAT?
> The link in the wiki is quite dead.
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

Hi Dale,

Isn't it much less fuzz to enable the optional RSAT tools in Windows 10
(Settings/Apps/Optional features/Add a feature)?

I know lots of people love Windows 7 (I'm one of them), but for the sake
of security, I would be very reluctant to let Windows 7 into my internet
exposed networks. Remember, there are no security updates rolled out
anymore. And more and more applications don't work under Windows 7.

But the choice is yours.

I wish you a nice day,

Peter