[Samba] Domain SID

Dale samba at txschroeder.family
Wed Jan 6 16:18:29 UTC 2021

When moving from a classic domain to a Samba AD, I think it wise to
follow Rowland's logic and provision a new domain to avoid all the GID
issues.  UID's don't appear to be a problem, as they already exist in
the recommended range.  However, I don't really want to copy all the
local profiles to what Windows thinks are new domain users due to the
new SID.  So, is there a way to get the best of both worlds and set the
SID during provisioning or change it later?

Since I suspect the answer will be NO, is there a way around copying
local profiles?

Thanks,
Dale