[Samba] Samba and Adobe Illustrator locking issues.

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Jan 5 20:21:05 UTC 2021

Am 1/5/21 um 8:44 AM schrieb Yogesh Kulkarni via samba-technical:
>   I have a strange case of lost updates with the Adobe Illustrator .ai files
> and
>   samba server. I am writing this to validate my findings and ask if there
> is a
>   known workaround to this issue.
>   The samba version is 4.9.5 running on debian 10.x and clients are multiple
> MacOS
>   versions.

there were *subtle* bugs related to such scenarious that I've fixed in
the last one or two years. I recommend testing with latest Samba,
eventually the problem is fixed there.

Otherwise you or someone else has to get down and dirty and spent a few
days in the strange macOS client bugs debugging hell. :)

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/