[Samba] username map = user.map file not read

raphael grosjean raphael.grosjean at live.be
Sun Jan 3 17:47:48 UTC 2021

> I'm facing the problem for a while.

Yes, but what 'problem' ?

> The problem that I can't get Administrator map to root on linux clients (and for security purpose we must change root password on each client)

Here are the files below.

Thank you much,

Raphaël

[global]

workgroup = CHAPINS-TEST
security = ADS
realm = CHAPINS-TEST.ORG

winbind refresh tickets = Yes
vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes
store dos attributes = Yes

kerberos method = secrets and keytab

winbind use default domain = yes

winbind offline logon = yes

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 1

# Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
# and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
# - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
# - must use a read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
# - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration
# idmap config for the CHAPINS-TEST domain
idmap config CHAPINS-TEST : backend = rid
idmap config CHAPINS-TEST : range = 10000-999999

# Template settings for login shell and home directory
template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%U

username map = /etc/samba/user.map

/etc/samba/user.map