[Samba] libsmbclient support for ? < > \ : * | " characters possible?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Jan 2 16:26:58 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

Can we get samba/libsmbclient to support characters that are supporet on
Linux filesystems like ? < > \ : * | "

I am having a few solutions where we use samba/smb as the communication
layer between ext4/nfs/samba/nextcloud with inotify support ect.

Nextcloud is using php-smbclient that is talking to libsmbclient and is
not creating exceptions when reading files that have characters that are
not supported by native windows, which I understand but I am not having
any Windows systems at play here.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong