[Samba] Time outs and high cpu usage after upgrading to 4.12.11

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 28 21:42:17 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 16:37 +0100, cn--- via samba wrote:
> Hello we have seen this also on 4.12 and Centos8. Only the upgrade
> 4.13 fixed the problem for us.

That's really interesting.  I'm not aware of a deliberate change or
fix, I would be very keen to know if a particular commit that addresses
this is ever identified, so we can learn and perhaps lock in the
correct behaviour with a test.

Not that I'm suggesting such tests in production, but if anybody here
can reproduce this well enough and has the time to do a git bisect,
either from the old working to the first failing version or from the
first failing version to the new working one that would be awesome.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions