[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

K. R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Sun Feb 28 21:23:32 UTC 2021

On 2/28/21 2:52 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 28/02/2021 20:30, K. R. Foley wrote:
>>
>> Contents of /etc/named.conf
>>
>> # Global Configuration Options
>> options {
>>
>>     # Forward queries that can not be answered from own zones
>>     # to these DNS servers:
>> #    forwarders {
>> #        8.8.8.8;
>> #        8.8.4.4;
>> #    };
>>

> Are your clients using something else for their nameserver and if so,
> what ?
No. Currently only this server so I can control everything.

> If there is another nameserver is this forwarding the AD dns domain to
> the DC ?
>
> If none of the above applies and you want your clients to have
> internet access, uncomment the 'forwarders' lines.

The client already has access to the internet. The name server on this
server acts as a caching name server and resolves names itself. That is
why I have the forwarders disabled.

Just as a test to make sure this isn't part of the problem I uncommented
the forwarders and retested. No change.

> This is Centos, so is Selinux enabled ?
No. Disabled.