[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

K. R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Sun Feb 28 17:01:05 UTC 2021

On 2/28/21 9:49 AM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 28/02/2021 14:38, K. R. Foley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have attached my smb.conf.
>

> And for those that didn't get the smb.conf:
>
> [global]
>     netbios name = SS-PROD
>     realm = LOCAL.RICHARDSHAPIRO.COM
>     server role = active directory domain controller
>     server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>     workgroup = LOCAL
>     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>     log level = 10
>     server max protocol = SMB2
>
> [sysvol]
>     path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>     read only = No
>
> [netlogon]
>     path =
> /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/local.richardshapiro.com/scripts
>     read only = No
>
> How did you compile Samba ?
I downloaded and compiled the source following the instructions here
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source

> Did you install all the packages found on this bash script:
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob_plain;f=bootstrap/generated-dists/centos7/bootstrap.sh;hb=v4-11-test

Yes. I had already run this. I just re-ran it for good measure.

> These are the defaults for the various 'protocols':
>
> client min protocol = SMB2_02
> client max protocol = SMB3_11
>
> server min protocol = SMB2_02
> server max protocol = SMB3
>
> client ipc min protocol = SMB2_02
>
> I hope you can see that you do not need to set any of them in your
> smb.conf
I only started adding the additional crap to the config trying to get it
to work. I have now removed them and behavior is the same.

> Rowland

One other thing that might be worth mentioning, I am not sure. I
migrated an NT4 domain using the classicupgrade. This was a new server
that I copied the data to from an existing server and then ran the
classic upgrade.