[Samba] Any drawback in changing primary group of domain users ?

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:55:33 UTC 2021

On 26 February 2021 17:30 Nicola Mingotti wrote:
> On 2/26/21 10:41 AM, Roy Eastwood wrote:

No, see Rowland's reply on this thread.   As he (and the WiKi) says you should  use Windows ACLs or POSIX ACLs (using setfacl) but not both.   I don't think the setting I suggested will affect your situation, and may be a red-herring.   Basically as AD is primarily for Windows clients, I set everything from Windows using Windows ACLs.   Using setfacl may be the problem here if you have also set the ACLs using windows, but Rowland or Louis will know better than I!

Hope that helps

Roy